Skip to main content

Concluding the playoff and a look at the summer

In this blog, I want to conclude Toronto playoffs any my thoughts of what they need to do in the summer. Also, my opinion on how the need to look next year.


Playoffs
Toronto has lost to Washington 4-2 which most of the games went to OT, there were games that Toronto has led but still lost. I think that take into an account that for most of the players on the team it was their first appearance and Washington was the best team in the league, that it was an incredible achievement and they deserve all the praise on their performance. They played most of the series as equal to Washington, and you couldn't see that it's their first time in the playoffs, they competed hard and got a great experience that will help them in the future.


I loved watching them play with the same passion and intensity that they played all year, Babcock made a fantastic job like he did all season to guide this young team and to inspire them every night. He gave them the confidence that they needed and I liked to see in all the interviews that he talked and focused only on Toronto. Also in the injury to Roman Polak that ended his year, he didn't speak harshly in Washington but focused on what Toronto needs to do like a real profession, even that it was a dirty hit that they had the need to be penalized harder.

I think that Toronto had an incredible playoff run and I am proud of this young team, and I believe that the experience that they got, will help them in the future and almost absolutely that we will get there again next year and we will be better. I trust Babcock and the management.


Next Year
When I look at the summer, I think that Toronto needs to do a couple of things that I will talk about them in the next paragraphs.


Mike Babcock and Lou Amarillo were in the world championship tournament to scout for players, which in my opinion is a very smart and the right way to discover new talents. From the reports of the tournament, Toronto has signed two excellent young Sweden defenseman players who are what Toronto needs. I hope that they will adjust fast to the NHL and to Toronto style of play and hopefully will help the team next year. 


I think that Toronto has great offensive tools and a fantastic core of young talents and promising players which they need to sign to multi-years contracts to continue with the rebuild of the team. I think that these young players can make Toronto a very dangerous team and Stanley Cup contender in the NHL in the next few years. Also to sign Boyle this summer to a multi-year contract as he was a valuable player in the Franchise, as a leader to the young players and helped in the offensive game. They need to acquire more good defensive players through the market of free players or through trades but without sending any of our assets in a trade.


In my opinion, the focus this summer and next year is to stabilize and strengthen the defense which was the weakest part of Toronto game, and this will make Toronto a complete and very dangerous team. I see that Babcock and the management are addressing this issue and making the moves to accomplish this goal which I am delighted to see. I think that they are doing a fantastic job in returning Toronto to its glory days and they are the right crew for The franchise.


I trust Mike Babcock and the management that will do all they can in the summer to continue with the rebuilding of the team and to make Toronto better next year. I think that the future is bright and we could accept great things from this team, we got a taste of their incredible potential already this year. I am proud to be a devoted Toronto Maple Leaf fan for life and can't wait for next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toronto Rookies and the 5 Years plan

This Blog is talking about The rookies of the Toronto maple leafs that taking the league by storm, during this incredible year they broke the record for rookies in a single season that held since the 60s, also to what my opinion on the future of the team. Toronto has a core of great and talented young rookies that most of them are barely 20 years old, rookies such as Austin Matthews, Mitchel Marner,   Morgan  Rielly,  Zach  Hyman,  Nikita  Zaitsev. I feel that I witness the birth of young and talented players that in the years to come will only get better and develop their skills that they have, and will take center stage of the NHL. Already when they talking about Austin Matthew, all the analysts are comparing him to  Sidney Crosby that currently is the best player in the NHL, and led the Canada team to win the last three Olympic and tournaments. All the rookies have great skills and speed that keep the other team on their toes and disrupt their play. Also, they can handle the puck

Eastern Conference next year

In this post, I would like to talk about how I see the eastern conference which Toronto is part of it. As I was reading the writers and saw the trades that the teams did and also the players that they lost to Vegas team. I think that they conference more open than it was last year. Don't get me wrong; I still believe that Pittsburgh, Washington, Rangers, and Columbus have amazing teams and I predict that they will be at the top of the conference and I won't be surprised if they will be in a separate group far from the rest of the conference. These teams have a caliber roster that is better than the other teams. I think that these teams are the best of the conference and will take the top spots in the conference and the standing. In my opinion, the rest of the conference is open. Montreal, Boston, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia has become weaker, but Ottawa stated the same and didn't lose key players. Toronto has a fantastic core of young talented players which i

The signing of Patrick Marleau in Toronto

In this blog, I want to talk about Patrick Marleau signing with Toronto to a three-year contract. What I think of this move and how it will affect the team next year and in the next three years. In my opinion, this is a huge signing that the Leafs will only benefit from. I was reading a couple of comments of fans that said that he is too old and that Toronto agreed to too much money but Personally, I think that they are wrong.  It's true that he is 38 and not a young player, but he still has a lot of skills and talent that makes him a dangerous player in the league. In my opinion, he still has a couple of years to play and to contribute to the game of hockey before he will retire as one of the best and will get into the Hall of Fame. I think that he is worth every dollar that Toronto paid him and he will be a great addition to this franchise. I believe that Toronto will only benefit from this move in two aspects. One aspect is that they are getting a player that is one of